Friday, September 28, 2007

A Little Poetry for You: Yeats and the Contest Continues

Happy Poetry Friday!

Today's round-up is over at AmoXcalli.

The contest is still going here until October 12, so please send in your examples of classic literature in pop culture.

Here's my latest:




Countess Kathleen, Scene 5
by William Butler Yeats

The years like great black oxen tread the world
and God the herdsman goads them on behind
and I am broken by their passing feet.

I'm on vacation for the next 9 days, but keep the entries coming!

3 comments:

Gina Ruiz said...

This is hilariously wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm a little envious of nine days of vacation. :) Enjoy!

Sara said...

Nancy, you really upped the ante for Poetry Friday. Next week, I'm going to see if my dog can handle Leaves of Grass (I don't know, though, because she's always eating it and barfing it up.)

This was so funny, and I love your contest. Culture is not dead!

Anonymous said...

I love the mix of poetry, inspiration and funny videos, thanks for making my office day a bit nicer ;)