Monday, November 13, 2006

Quote of the Day, 11/13/06: Children's Book Week

It's Children's Book Week. Wait, I already said that.

Okay, okay, but here are a few quotes to go with that thought.

Ursula LeGuin
There have been great societies that did not use the wheel, but there have been no societies that did not tell stories.

C. S. Lewis
A book worth reading only in childhood is not worth reading even then.

Madeleine L'Engle
You have to write whichever book it is that wants to be written. And then, if it's going to be too difficult for grown-ups, you write it for children.

Richard Peck
We don't write what we know. We write what we wonder about.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Madeleine L'Engle quote. She said something similar in an intro to the audio version of A Wrinkle in Time. Thanks for these excellent and inspirational quotes.

Nancy said...

Thanks Jen. The quotes are fun.

Unknown said...

Came over via Jen's blog. I love the MLE quote, but also the CS Lewis quote. So true. I am finding that my time is well-spent with some of the children's and YA's books I've been reading.