Sunday, February 04, 2007

Creative Writing: Stumble

I spent the day in New York today -- brrrrr! A friend was in from California, and we went to see Spamalot together. Much fun and a little frostbite.

Anyhow, I've been away all day and haven't thought about posting till just now. Not much to offer I'm afraid, but I'll post it anyways. This is a bit of poetry I wrote that I can't read without adding music -- I think it's meant to be a refrain to a feel-good top-40 hit. You saw it here first.
We are not gods.
We are not perfect – not at all.
We stumble through this world.
Sometimes we fall.

2 comments:

MotherReader said...

I just went to see Spamalot a couple of weeks ago in NYC with my college friends. It was funny, mostly because we have the movie half-memorized anyway. And I may go back for the upcoming kids lit drink night.

Nancy said...

I loved it. Loved it more than I thought I would actually.