Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Poem by any Other Name...

Elaine Magliaro, poet, teacher, children's literature enthusiast, and now double-blogger. Though you can still find her regularly on the Blue Rose Girls blog, she has recently opened up shop with her new blog, Wild Rose Reader.

This month, being a poet with a very cooperative muse, Elaine has decided to write a new poem every day, and to offer the poem as a nod to a different blogger each day. Gail got a whale poem, Jone got a snake poem, Cloudscome got a series of haiku, etc. What a cool thing to do! And she posted her latest poem for me, which was very kind and fun to see.

I'm trying hard not to read too much into the fact that it's about a smelly skunk. (Did I forget something in my rush to get ready for work today?)

Congratulations on the new blog Elaine, and thanks for the kind words and the poem!

2 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Nancy,

Thanks for the shout-out! I certainly didn't mean to imply anything by dedicating a poem about a skunk to you. I think Naomi Shihab Nye's "Valentine for Ernest Mann" expresses my feelings about poetry better than I ever could. It's one of my favorite poems--has been for many years.

http://www.journaltherapy.com/poem/archive/2002/poem0204.htm

Nancy said...

Elaine,

That poem is perfect -- I need to print it out and post it all over my house -- thanks for sending the link.

I'm just teasing about the skunk thing. And teasing myself more than you. :)