Sunday, July 16, 2006

Quote of the Day, 7/16/06

From one of my best childhood friends, Mr. Rogers:
I've often hesitated in beginning a project because I've thought, "It'll never turn out to be even remotely like the good idea I have as I start." I could just "feel" how good it could be. But I decided that, for the present, I would create the best way I know how and accept the ambiguities.

A note on Mr. Rogers being one of my best friends -- no, he wasn't specifically aware of this, but I know that he would have readily said "of course!" if he had ever been asked if he counted me among his friends.

A note on the quote -- if you want to create something, DO. Whether it's a poem or a painting or a go-cart. Take the chance. If nothing else, the experience of creating is good practice and will make your results all the better the next time.

No comments: