Lady Strathconn tagged me for a meme to list 10 of my favorite things that start with the letter B. I don't know why, but B is a daunting letter for me. Perhaps I'll feel Better aBout it after I give it a try.
1. Bananas. I love bananas, but only when they're a little on the green side. Seriously, one speck of brown and I'd just as soon skip it. Banana and peanut-butter sandwiches are yummy, as are the alternative banana and butter sandwiches (less sticky, and an equally good mixture of sweet with salt/butter).
2. Books. Well of course. I can't believe I didn't list this first! I especially like children's books, but will venture into adult books for the right author or character.
3. Bookstores. I love bookstores not just for the books, but also for the controlled chaos, the sheer magnitude of the inventory, and the opportunity they provide for me to drop in on old friends (books and characters).
4. Bagels. With cream cheese. Especially from a good bagel shop. I don't like Dunkin' Donuts version of the bagel.
5. Bing and Bob. Crosby and Hope, that is. What fun!
6. Blogging. I'm coming up on 6 months of blogging and it's been so much fun. I've learned a lot by reading everyone else's blogs, and I've been honored to have people read mine.
7. Brain-games. Riddles, puzzles, crosswords, rebuses, etc. I can't pass up a good brain challenge, though often as not I find them more humbling than exhilarating.
8. Bowling. I like how the comedy of bowling brings people together so well. For the record, I am a pretty bad bowler. And the day after I bowl, I hurt in parts of my body I didn't know existed. But do these things discourage me? No way! 10-pin or candlepin, good lanes or bad, I can't help but love to bowl.
9. Baths. Especially with bubbles. Although the best bath I ever had was in Saratoga Springs, at the mineral baths. If I could only recreate that at home, I'd be in bath heaven.
10. Belly-laughs. I'm at my happiest when I laugh to the point of crying. Even when I'm laughing at myself. Okay, I admit it, most of the things that make me laugh that hard involve me laughing at myself.
I survived the B's and now I tag Featherbee with F.