Thursday, January 04, 2007

Quote of the Day, 1/04/07: Ford

Gerald Ford, our 38th president, died this past week. I thought it appropriate to offer a few quotes from Ford today.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
...

It can go on and on, or someone must write "The End" to it. I have concluded that only I can do that. And if I can, I must.
...

I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your President by your ballots, so I ask you to confirm me with your prayers.
...

In all my public and private acts as your president, I expect to follow my instincts of openness and candor with full confidence that honesty is always the best policy in the end.
...

It's the quality of the ordinary, the straight, the square, that accounts for the great stability and success of our nation. It's a quality to be proud of. But it's a quality that many people seem to have neglected.

No comments: