Sunday, January 21, 2007

Quote of the Day, 1/21/07: Chaplin

From Wikipedia: Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin, Jr. KBE (16 April 1889 – 25 December 1977), better known as Charlie Chaplin, was an English comedy actor, becoming one of the most famous performers in the early to mid Hollywood cinema era, and also a notable director. He is considered to be one of the finest mimes and clowns caught on film and his influence on performers in these fields is great.

From Charlie Chaplin:
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
...

A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.
...

Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
...

I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose.
...

Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
...

That is why, no matter how desperate the predicament is, I am always very much in earnest about clutching my cane, straightening my derby hat and fixing my tie, even though I have just landed on my head.

No comments: