What are the "classic" titles you've never much taken to? ...Were there books you knew of as a kid that just didn't do anything for you...?
My answers follow.
1. The Little Prince. Leila and Kelly both mentioned this one as well, so I am in good company. I never really understood all the fuss.
2. The Berenstein Bears. My next-door neighbor was ga-ga over the BBears. I never read a single book all the way through.
3. The Bobbsey Twins. I was addicted to Nancy Drew, the Dana Girls, Cherry Ames, and Trixie Belden. I had no use for The Bobbsey Twins. Or The Hardy Boys for that matter.
4. The Narnia books. I dimly remember reading the first book, but never bothered reading further until recently. I love them now, especially the one I'm currently listening to on CD (because it happens to be read by Jeremy Northam, and frankly, he could read a cereal box and I'd love it).
5. Judy Blume books. Please don't hate me, but I didn't love Judy Blume. Even though I grew up at exactly the right time for these books. I read two or three of them, and I liked them well enough. But I was never addicted the way my friends were.
What's your list?