Sunday, November 19, 2006

Quote of the Day, 11/19/06: Why Are We Here?

I don't know what exactly I went looking for tonight in quote-world, but this is what I found. Sorry there's no picture of Rabbi Zusya. I checked a variety of sources. But I liked his thought that you are here to be uniquely you, and so I decided to include him without the photo. For more about Marian Wright Edelman, go here. I found it interesting.

Thomas Merton
Do not depend on the hope of results. You may have to face the fact that your work will be apparently worthless and even achieve no result at all, if not perhaps results opposite to what you expect. As you get used to this idea, you start more and more to concentrate not on the results, but on the value, the rightness, the truth of the work itself.

Rabbi Zusya (no picture available)
In the world to come, I shall not be asked, "Why were you not Moses?" I shall be asked, "Why were you not Zusya?"

Marian Wright Edelman
I'm doing what I think I was put on this earth to do. And I'm really grateful to have something that I'm passionate about and that I think is profoundly important.

No comments: