Monday, November 06, 2006

Best Passages - Contest Winners!

We have our results for the Best Passages in Children's and YA Books Contest. I'll announce the winners first, and do the other notes after, as I know you're all on the edge of your seats.

Prize #1: The Amulet of Samarkand (Jonathan Stroud) goes to... Motherreader
Prize #2: On Writing (Stephen King) goes to... Little Willow
Prize #3: $25 Starbucks gift card goes to... Miss Erin
Prize #4: $25 Starbucks gift card goes to... Elaine Magliaro

Congratulations to the winners! Would the winners please check the comments of this post for my email info, and email me your info so I can get your prizes out?

In total we ended up with...

58 funniest passages,
60 most poetic passages, and
102 most memorable passages ...

for a grand total of 220 great passages from children's books! At some point in the next couple of weeks, I'll figure out a format to give people easy access to these quotes.

Many many thanks to EVERYONE who participated:

Alison Fargis
Alvina
Becky - Farm School
Daisy
Elaine Magliaro
Featherbee
Fuse #8
Gotta Book
Jen Robinson
Little Willow
Miss Erin
Motherreader
Running Art
Sherry

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations again to all of the winners!

My email is nrkii
on AOL.

Please send me your info as soon as you get a chance, so I can get the prizes out to you.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Little Willow said...

Woo hoo! *does a little dance*

Thank you for unintentionally nudging me to add lines from Anne of Green Gables and Peter Pan to my quote files. I only regret that my copies of The NeverEnding Story and The Westing Game are stuck in storage so I can't tackle those right now as well!

MotherReader said...

Thanks! Now I can say that SOMETHING went right today.

Erin said...

Thank you so much for hosting these fun and cool contests for we bibliovores. :)

Elaine Magliaro said...

Wow! Last week I got TEAM MOON as a prize for winning Book Buds "First Words" Contest. This week I win a Starbucks gift card. I think I'll keep trolling the Kidslitosphere for more competitions! Anybody giving away a car?

Elaine Magliaro said...

Nancy,

I did email you my snail mail address the other day. Didn't you get it?

Nancy said...

Nope! Can you email again please?

Otherwise, I may have to hand-deliver it when I'm up in Massachusetts for Thanskgiving. My parents are in Springfield.

Elaine Magliaro said...

Nancy,

I emailed you again Wednesday night.