So, have you ever found a book or books that you keep coming back to and re-reading and re-reading that just provides a sense of balance or comfort?Ah, comfort books. It's a wonder the paper hasn't disintegrated from my comfort books based on how often I've read them. Here is my list of just a few of the books that make me feel cozy.
1. The Anne of Green Gables series, especially Anne of the Island and Rilla of Ingleside, by L. M. Montgomery
2. Dear Enemy and its predecessor, Daddy-Long-Legs, by Jean Webster
3. Christy, by Catherine Marshall (not a children's book, but definitely among my comfort books)
4. An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott
5. Girl of the Limberlost, by Gene Stratton Porter
6. The Blue Castle, by L. M. Montgomery (also not a children's book)
7. The Trixie Belden series, by Kathryn Kenny
That's just my short list. I have many more that might be comfort books on a given day, but these above are the most-reliably-comforting.