Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quote of the Day, 11/14/06: Words from Wonder Woman

To celebrate my new stamps, I went scouring the internet for good quotes from Wonder Woman. Here they are:
We are never everything we wish to be and rarely are we everything we appear to be.
...

I now realize I am a warrior as much as I am a woman of peace. I can never place one half of my soul above the other. Heroine. Demigoddess. Soldier. Peacemaker. I am all of these things in part, yet none of them completely.
...

If the prospect of living in a world where trying to respect the basic rights of those around you--and valuing each other simply because we exist--are such daunting, impossible tasks that only a super-hero born of royalty can address them...then what sort of world are we left with? And what sort of world do you want to live in?



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
For added fun, any idea who the girl on the left in this last picture is? Character and actress please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't know the character's name, but it's Debra Winger.

Nancy said...

It is Debra Winger! She was WW's little sister (Drusila??? aka Wonder Girl).