Friday, August 11, 2006

Name these Tunes

1.
In the roaring traffic's boom,
in the silence of my lonely room,
I think of you.

2.
You're a Boticcelli,
You're Keats,
You're Shelly!
You're Ovaltine!

3.
Oh, I feel that I could melt ;
Into Heaven I'm hurled !
I know how Columbus felt,
Finding another world.

4.
They told Marconi
Wireless was a phony
It's the same old cry

5.
Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When youre in love, my how they fly

6.
When the things youve planned
Need a helping hand,
I will understand ...


Note: Answers posted in comments

1 comment:

Nancy said...

1. Cole Porter - "Night and Day"
2. Cole Porter - "You're the Top"
3. George Gershwin - "How Long has this Been Going on?"
4. George Gershwin - "They All Laughed"
5. Irving Berlin - "Blue Skies"
6. Irving Berlin - "Always"