Saturday, August 12, 2006

NRKII Work - Magnetic Poetry in Action

I finally went back to magnetic poetry today, after a long time away. Although the results aren't always great, the process is good discipline because it forces me to condense thoughts into small phrases, and in many ways, it creates a situation where the language drives the thoughts rather than the other way around.

Today, the words available at Poetry in Motion were just horrible and I could not put them together into anything coherent. Over at Shadow Poetry, which is a little harder to use but otherwise identical, I came up with this (forcing myself to stay under 20 words, as I would have done on Poetry in Motion):
Writing my father
I grow sweet.
A child emerges
written in rhyme
not by a poet
not me.

If you're looking for the links to try your hand at this yourself, please read my earlier post on magnetic poetry.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Nice one...