Saturday, August 12, 2006

Rowling + King + Irving Event Now on Video at MSN

The video recording of the J. K. Rowling, Stephen King and John Irving benefit reading is available on MSN Video. It was a great evening, so I encourage you to check it out.

USE THIS LINK FOR AN EVENING WITH HARRY, CARRIE AND GARP

I didn't see this email in my inbox until late Friday, but it looks like the video is still up if you want to see it!

Keep in mind the show was a benefit, so if you do watch, feel encouraged to make a donation. From Stephen King's newsletter:

Proceeds from the readings benefit two non-profit organizations: The Haven Foundation, which helps freelance performing artists and writers whose accidents or illnesses have left them unable to work www.thehavenfdn.org, and Doctors Without Borders/ Medecins San Frontieres (MSF), the international independent medical humanitarian organization www.doctorswithoutborders.org.

3 comments:

runart said...

Hi nrkii,
Just a note to tell you I really enjoyed your recap of the evening with King, Irving and Rowling. It sounded spectaular. We saw Irving last year in the Gifford Lecture series here in Syracuse. He was very funny, read from OM but spent way too much talking about and reading from his latest book. So much so that it turned me off and I still haven't read the thing!!
I am a total Harry Potter loser and probably would've been shrieking along with the little girls to hear JK Rowling speak. I firmly believe she has crafted a story for the ages and hundreds of years from now children and adults will be enjoying her work. So to hear her speak live is very special. I wonder if she even knows how much joy she's brought into the sorry world? I belong to a running league at Syracuse Univ and last winter I was a team captain - my team was "Wingardium Leviosa" - tipping my hat to HP and had tee shirts made with the official Potter font etc.
In any event, she definitely had the best shoes that night.

Nancy said...

Thanks for your comments runart. Glad you liked the recap! If you get a chance to sit through the readings on msn.video, I think you'll find it fun too.

daisy said...

I watched the video. It was wonderful. Thank you for putting thelink up