Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Great Antagonists of Children's Literature - the Winner!

And the winner is... Little Willow!

Some interesting contest info:

- Little Willow submitted 86 entries, accounting for over 1/3 of the total bad guys/gals on the list. I am wondering if Little Willow has the same fascination with badness in children's lit that I do. Or perhaps just a fascination with free coffee.

- I selected the winner by putting a random number next to each entry in an excel spreadsheet, and then picking the lowest. That was Little Willow. For kicks, I tried picking the highest to see what would have happened. That was Little Willow.

- I also want to give a special thanks to Erin, who sent in 36 bad guys/gals for the list. Erin, while I never mentioned a second prize, I do have a couple of free Starbucks beverage coupons I'd love to send your way.

- There were 22 total contributers to this list (not including me), and I am extremely grateful to all of you!

Becky
Christine M
Daisy
Eliza
Erin
Gregory K
Jen
Robinson
Julie Danielson
Kimmy
Leila the great
Libby
Little Willow
Loosy
Mary Lee
Readfaced
Renee
RM1(SS) (ret)
Stephanie
Stidmama
TadMack
Thebookdragon
Tim

Well, the contest is done, but the list is still open. So if you think of any more, please feel free to send them my way at any time.

1 comment:

Little Willow said...

Fun facts:
I have a mind for trivia.
I love knowledge-based games.
I have a fondness for making lists.
My specialty is children's literature.
I don't drink coffee.
I stay away from caffeine.
However, I plan to get healthy items - yogurt, etc - and perhaps some hot cocoa - yum, naturally - with my winnings. :)