Monday, September 04, 2006

Quote of the Day, 9/4/06

Steve Irwin has died, and it's a big loss to the world of animals, ecologists, preservationists, kids-who-love-crocodiles, and adults who love being kids-who-love-crocodiles.

Quotes today are from Steve Irwin:

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.
...
My belief is that what comes across on the television is a capture of my enthusiasm and my passion for wildlife.
...
Yeah, I'm a thrill seeker, but crikey, education's the most important thing.
Very sad.


3 comments:

. said...

I keep thinking about his wife and kids, and feel terribly for them. He went out in the way he lived, at least. Thanks for the quotes.

Kelly said...

I feel bad for the family too. And for all the kids out there. My five year old is shaken to the core. Steve Irwin and Jeff Corwin are the epitome of cool to him. I've found this news to be very difficult on many levels.

Nancy said...

Yes, my nephew is a big fan too. As am I.

So many of the kids lit folks posted about this today, that by the time I got to it, I felt the quotes were the best way to give the man a nod.