Thursday, December 07, 2006

Little House Christmas

Ooh, I just dove into my stack of Christmas books, to see what looked good to tell you about. At the top is the Opus book I'll post about for Poetry Friday, but just below that, and equally worthy of a best-of berth, is this little bit of joy.


A Little House Christmas has all your favorite Christmas scenes from the Big Woods, the Prairie, and Plum Creek. Mr. Edwards make the much-needed appearance, and Pa's fiddle plays a central role. Best of all, this book has many of the most wonderful Garth Williams illustrations from the original books.

It'll warm your heart.

1 comment:

Stidmama said...

I don't have this book, but I think I will go dig out my other Little House books for next week when my Tom is gone... something comforting and nice to curl up with!