Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Quote of the Day, 12/05/06: Jackie Kennedy

We've heard from a couple of presidents. Here are a few from First Lady Jackie Kennedy.

Being away from home gave me the chance to look at myself with a jaundiced eye. I learned not to be ashamed of a real hunger for knowledge, something I had always tried to hide, and I came home glad to start in here again with a love for Europe that I am afraid will never leave me.
...

Now, I think that I should have known that he was magic all along. I did know it - but I should have guessed that it would be too much to ask to grow old with and see our children grow up together. So now, he is a legend when he would have preferred to be a man.
...

Even though people may be well known, they hold in their hearts the emotions of a simple person for the moments that are the most important of those we know on earth: birth, marriage and death.
...

There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all.

No comments: