Saturday, December 16, 2006

Quote of the Day, 12/16/06: Churchill

Today's quotes are from the well-spoken Winston Churchill. I had trouble narrowing down to only 5.
I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
...

A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril.
...

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.
...

We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire.... Give us the tools and we will finish the job.
...

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.

No comments: