Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Quote of the Day, 12/06/06: Rockne

College football is quickly coming to a close. Seems a good time to hear from the most quoted college football coach of all time. (Okay, I made up that stat, but I believe it.) So here are a few from Knute Rockne.

I've found that prayers work best when you have big players.
...

One loss is good for the soul. Too many losses is not good for the coach.
...

I don't want anybody going out there to die for dear old Notre Dame. Hell, I want you fighting to stay alive!
...

At home we're the hosts, and I never liked the idea of being embarrased in front of our friends. ... On the road we're somebody else's guests - and we play in a way that they're not going to forget we visited them.
...

I try to make every player on my team feel he's the spark keeping our machine in motion.

No comments: