Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Photos

So I ended up with over 500 kids in 2 1/2 hours of trick-or-treat onslaught. Which didn't leave time for a lot of photos. But I got a few, and I feel the need to share.

First, a very special neighbor who dressed up as candy corn (the joker on the right is her dad)....












The most intense Superman I've ever encountered. This man of steel takes his job very seriously. And apparently he is in cahoots with at least one unsavory character. When will superheroes ever learn? ...









One neighbor cracking open the emergency reserve candy. They had made up 350 treat bags in advance, but by 7:15 were breaking out the reserves....






Another neighbor posing as a scary statue. He was so still, I didn't realize that it was a real person in there at first. This house had a portable stereo (hidden in the plants) playing scary music too....










Big Macs and Shakes. They were so overloaded with sugar and fat, we felt it only right to give them candy to round out their nutritional intake. Now mom here seems to be proud of her shakeness, but is it just me or is dad shielding himself with the burgers? ...


The scariest little girl from Sunday's parade, who I made stop for a picture tonight because I lost her picture from Sunday. Unfortunately, she put on her "I'm an angel" smile for the picture, so you can't tell how truly terrifying she was. Think Children of the Corn. The Exorcist. The Omen. And look at how petrified the little girl next to her is. Don't be fooled by the smile -- that's all I'm sayin'.




And finally, this last picture is the even-more-scary little girl who terrified the nice people in another neighborhood. I love her dearly when she's not in this costume, but I don't ever want to see this again.


Wait for it....


Ready?


3 comments:

Erin said...

Lol, those Mcdonalds costumes are so great!

Anonymous said...

Not a comment, but a question. Is that Lauren?

Nancy said...

The last pic, yes, that's Lauren. When people told her how great her costume was, she gave them an evil look and said quite calmly, "I'm not wearing a costume."