Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Vacation So Far

My vacation so far has been...

1 sinus infection, which I came down with the night before my drive to Maine

1 antibiotics prescription, which my doctor kindly gave me before the trip because I could see this coming like a train on a distant track (a large unfriendly train subject to sudden crashing)

1 80-pack of cough drops (many cough drop wrappers strewn around my car)

3 boxes of kleenex

1 bottle of nyquil (nectar of the gods)

1 bottle of daytime cold medicine (might as well be water for all the good that's doing)

3 Lemony Snicket books read (reading slowly, taking many breaks/naps)

1/10 of a crossword puzzle done (these things are really really hard when you can't think!)

1 lobster roll eaten (I'm sick, not dead)

Hoping the antibiotics kick in by morning, so I'll be coherent enough to start enjoying the trip.

UGH.

8 comments:

Kimmy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Erin said...

Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! What a sad way to start vacation...

Kelly said...

Yikes, hope you feel better, Nancy!

Nancy said...

Thanks all!

Runart, glad to hear you got the Tanga NE/MO puzzle solved. It was a tricky one, because the stars were misleading. I ended up solving it with hints from others.

The last couple of Tanga puzzles have been pretty easy though. I wonder if he's running out of ideas, or purposely making it simpler to solve them as we go into the second half. I'm still fuzzy-headed, so glad to have the break, but by Wednesday I hope he throws a real curve our way.

Robin said...

Ditto these other guys - hope you're feeling better a.s.a.p. xo

Nancy said...

Did ya tanga tonight?

Nancy said...

The new puzzle comes up at 10PM Eastern each night.

I'm in Lambertville these days. On the Delaware River just across from New Hope PA. I was in Morristown before this.