Sunday, October 29, 2006

Quote of the Day, 10/29/06: Ghosts

2 days till Halloween. I have over a thousand pieces of candy to give out, so please wish me good weather.

Today's quotes are about ghosts.

Washington Irving
He would have passed a pleasant life of it, in despite of the Devil and all his works, if his path had not been crossed by a being that causes more perplexity to mortal man than ghosts, goblins, and the whole race of witches put together, and that was--a woman.

Erica Jong
The stones themselves are thick with history, and those cats that dash through the alleyways must surely be the ghosts of the famous dead in feline disguise.

Emily Bronte
You said I killed you - haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!

No comments: