Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Words on Wednesday: Intelligence Tests

I've been waiting a few weeks to post on this, but the site links haven't been working. Checked last night, and LO, they are good again.

Intelligence Test part 1

Intelligence Test part 2

Intelligence Test part 3

Intelligence Test part 4

These links will take you to 4 different "intelligence tests." I'm not sure how accurate they are in determining smarts, but they're a lot of fun. All are in this format:

24 H in a D = 24 hours in a day

Where you have to fill in the right side.

I've gone through the first three of these tests already, and haven't had one where I got all the answers myself. In fact, I don't think I've gotten more than 60 - 70 percent on my own. And that's part of what makes these so fun, because they're great to brainstorm over -- with coworkers, family, friends, etc.

Update: The links are working again... for now!

7 comments:

ankurindia said...

i donot think a test could measure an intelligence . Because lets say if a doctor appears in this test and have no knowledge of questions asked in this test , Does it mean medical doctor is not intelligent ?
however its fun to take such tests , good time pass .

Nancy said...

I think it tests two things:

1) knowledge of a variety of numerical facts, some from popular culture, some from science, some from sayings, etc.

2) ability to reason out a response based on the clues and the language (for instance, to know that there is a difference between "an OT" and "the OT" and to be able to draw conclusions from that)

But no, I think on the whole it's more of a fun game than a real test of intelligence.

. said...

Links are down again.

Nancy said...

What's most annoying about that is that I should have seen it coming,and captured all the pages when they were up.

I have an HTML version of the first test. It won't automatically verify your answers, but I'd be happy to verify them for you if you like. Let me know and I'll email it to you.

Once the links are working again, I'll holler.

Aaaargh!

Nancy said...

Links are still down, but I have all 4 by searching for cached pages. Gotta love google. Let me know if you want them.

F. S. Poesy said...

I was a genius on the first test but basically a moron on the others. Still it was so much fun I came up with some of my own and posted them on my blog. See if you can figure them out.

Nancy said...

Thanks Tim! I could only get 9 of the 15 you posted. Will check back to work on the rest.